Monday, April 12, 2010

Excuse Me Waiter; I Will Have the Chicken-a-la-Disappointment with Maybe-Next Year Salad!

Greetings Fellow Bloggies/Blogettes! Well, it is official, the Leafs are not in the 2010 playoffs [drying my tears & wiping my nose]. To those who have also fallen victim to the NHL Spring Bug: “teamoutofcontention,” I send my best wishes - greener grasses await – on the golf courses that is!




For those celebrating the fine accomplishments of their teams, CONGRATULATIONS! And may the best team win!



Here are the match-ups for the 1st round of the playoffs:



Eastern Division: Washington Capitals vs. Montreal Canadians

New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia Flyers

Buffalo Sabers vs. Boston Bruins

Pittsburg Penguins vs. Ottawa Senators



Western Division: San Jose Sharks vs. Colorado Avalanche

Chicago Blackhawks vs. Nashville Predators

` Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings

Phoenix Coyotes vs. Detroit Red Wings



As for my predictions for the playoffs, I will keep them to myself. I have the tendency to jinx things when I open my lips and verbally extent my delusional desires! But I wish each and every team a successful & healthy playoff run! To the HHN honored members in the playoffs, I would like to extend my congratulations for making it this far, and we here at HHN are rooting for you!



Until the next blog,



Cheer Loud, Cheer Long, Cheer Often!



Thomas Barker – Conference Event Coordinator

Hockey Heritage North

No comments: