Thursday, April 22, 2010

Playoffs & Gardening - You Diggin' It?

Playoffs & Gardening – You Diggin’ It?



Greetings Fellow Bloggies/Blogettes! As I stick my head out the window to breathe in some revitalizing, fresh spring air, I am presented with the most fitting of Blog ideas: no, I am not blogging about stooping and scooping, instead I will be talking hockey and gardening! I know, I know, it sounds as exciting as watching dust gather on a window sill, but here me out.

Hockey and gardening have a great deal in common. The most important aspect starts in the spring: planting your garden. For hockey fans, this entails a complex combination of skill and availability. What I am referring to is the Entry Draft: the start to any franchise! It is vital for a flourishing NHL franchise to draft or “plant” the right prospects in order to grow a fuller and more fruitful garden. With some of the top prospects sown in Canadian Soil, it is very exciting to be a Canadian Hockey Fan and watching our neighbors, friends, relatives and fellow countrymen make it into this elite league of extraordinary gentlemen.


Hockey and Gardening also share in the adage: “You Reap What You Sow!” Translated it means, hard work and dedication, with so good ol’ TLC (Training, Lots of sweat & Carbs), will yield better results. I could go on with all types or parallelisms, but I do not want to overwhelm you with my lack of gardening “savoir-fair” and the destruction of your perception of the game!


Until the next blog,


Cheer Loud, Cheer Long, Cheer Often!


Thomas Barker – Conference Event Coordinator
Hockey Heritage North

No comments: