Thursday, June 10, 2010

Black Hawks Win!!! The Children Are Going Wild!!!
By, Thomas G. Barker
Conference Event Coordinator

Greetings Fellow Bloggies/Blogettes! It's official... The Chicago Blackhawks are the 2009-2010 Stanley Cup Champions!!! I would like to take this time to send out our Congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks for this great accomplishment. I would also like to send out our best wishes to Claude Giroux for a valiant effort with his Philadelphia Flyers. Claude you did a fantastic job! Hockey Heritage North is proud of your efforts!

I would also like to discuss another anomaly occurring today at Hockey Heritage North. As I entered the facility this afternoon, I was greeted by hoards of young children. The had taken over the building -- or so it seemed. As I made my way through the excitement and the chaos I was reminded of the Rental going on. As hairy scary as it seemed at that moment, I was reminded I was not in Oz  and I did not rudely stumble upon a Munchkin Convention; rather, it was a huge hit for parents and children alike. Kirkland Lake and area will also benefit immensely from the fair, providing parents and parents-to-be with the necessary awareness o the support programs available to them.

Surrounded by the sound of children's songs playing through Hockey Heritage North's sound system I am slowly gaining comfort and regaining focus regarding my tasks at hand. It is so hard to concentrate with the addictive aroma of freshly popped popcorn gently swirling throughout the facility, and knowing that there are games and face painting happening just around the corner! It is taking every ounce of strength to stay on task, but so far so good! I must continue on with my daily duties -- wish me luck.

Until the next blog,

Cheer Loud, Cheer Long, Cheer Often!

No comments: