Friday, June 25, 2010

F to the Power of 3 Yoopie!
By: Thomas G Barker
Conference Events Coordinator

Greetings Fellow Bloggies/Blogettes! It goes without saying that today's Blog is more than just an average blog! Why? Because its Fuzzy Feeling Friday - Poetry Corner [and the crowd goes wild...]. This Friday's title is brought to you by pocket protectors and adding machines everywhere! I dove deep into my mathematical being and pulled out the fanciest equation I could that would prove intellectually stimulating yet mildly entertaining. So without further ado I bring you the much anticipated Poetic Pleasantries:

The Fairest of Them All

How I long for you my Lady Byng
You make me smile, you make me sing
On the ice I dare not pout
I dare not fight, I dare not shout
For you are the fairest lady of them all
And only true gentlemen can hear your call
Your shine warms my heart as I watch you glisten
While to your rules I adhere, I listen
Oh, how I long for you to call my name
To have you come and watch my game
But as I sit here my chances fade
With this little mistake that I have made
For I know now what not to do
When a referee blows a call or two!

I Hart'ly Knew You

Helping teams achieve full potential
Always willing to lead by example
Rarely makes mistakes
That's why I will never win this trophy!

I Fancy "The Clancy"

Old King Clancy was never fancy
But ethics and hard work he knew
He hoped to inspire the League in its entire
To go out and do the best it can do
Some players carry on, with King Clancy now gone
The ethics and hard work he once knew
So as a Great Token for the Bond Never broken
This award is now passed on to you!

Until the next blog,

Cheer Loud, Cheer Long, Cheer Often!

No comments: