Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Will There Be Cake??
By: Thomas G Barker
Conference Event Coordinator

Greetings Fellow Bloggies/Blogettes! As I look out my window this morning, I see a dull and gloomy grey sky with intermittent rain interrupting what little moments of sunbursts we have. Looking for ways to fight off the foreboding effect that I am experiencing, like the first blast of cold water from the shower head in every morning shower, I am quickly reminded to "snap out of it" the boss is in and you have work to do! I am also reminded that tomorrow will bring Sunshine. I am no meteorologist, nor do I want to be! Trying to predict the weather is like trying to predict the winning horse! You have all the options in front of you, but how will things play out? The Sunshine I am referring to is the National Pride I share with fellow Canadians, for tomorrow is our Nations Birthday!

As my childhood innocence slowly dissipates with my introduction into the "real world" I am reminded that not everyone is able to take the day off and participate in Canada Festivities. I would like to take this time to salute those that have to work tomorrow! I wish you a pleasant day and may you find time to celebrate in your own special way!

As for my plans, my slate is clean at the moment. I tend to play more things by ear than Beethoven did by sight! I may mosey on down to the Civic Service Stadium to check out some of the concerts that are going on. Or maybe I will try my luck down at the ol' fishing hole. Whatever the case may be, I will be proudly celebrating our great Canadian Heritage the best that I can! Oh, and I will be sure to find a cake somewhere to help me celebrate!

To everyone: I wish you:

Until the next blog,

Cheer Loud, Cheer Long, Cheer Often!

No comments: