Friday, June 11, 2010

Fuzzy Feeling Friday: Haiku ... Bless You!


Greetings Fellow Bloggies/Blogettes! Today's Poetry Corner has been inspired by two Poetic Stylings often overlooked and under utilized: i) The Haiku; and ii) The Limerick! Please Enjoy!

Haiku #1: Reflection (of Me)

Skate Shoot Pass All Game
Take Bench for much needed break
Out of Shape am I!

Haiku #2: Choices

Cold, Frigid, Numbing
Frozen Pond the place to be
Please pick another sport!

Haiku #3: Discontent

Smelly, Sweaty, Soaked
Dumped again in duffle bag
Hey, Febreeze me please!

Limerick #1:

When I was young I could skate fast
All Other players I would outlast
But as of last year
For reasons unclear
After one shift I am gassed

Limerick #2:

There once was a man from the city
Who liked to play hockey all pretty
Until late in a game
In a moment of shame
He was taken out by an 80 year ol' bitty!

Until Next Blog,

Cheer Loud, Cheer Long, Cheer Often!

2 comments:

Nathan said...

You definitely have a gift, Mr. Barker!

These poems are great. I am happy that I stumbled upon the Hockey Heritage North Blog since you have always found a way to entertain me.

Keep up the great work, buddy!

Thomas Barker said...

Thank you, Nathan. I do appreciate your kinds words of encouragement. I look forward to continuing to provide you with a plethera a linguistic masterpieces.

Cheer Loud, Cheer Long, Cheer Often My Friend.